The Baby Dragon Glassblowing Furnace Kit!
Price is current as of January 2018 and subject to change without notice.
Crating is included in the kit price for orders shipped in the continental United States. Shipping is not included in the price. International orders may be subject to additional crating fees based on destination.
The Baby Dragon is an incredibly versatile glass furnace/glory hole combination. The Baby moves around easily to transport to festivals, demonstrations, etc., and with a 30-lb (13 kg) glass capacity (that's +/- 30 pint glasses!), it can be all you need for a stationary studio. Very approachable for teaching beginners and beyond.
- Accessories included (detachable for easy transport):
- Double Yoke with stainless steel bearings
- Pipe Hanger (for working solo)
- Pipe Warming Stand
- Push/Pull Handle
- Base with Heavy Duty Casters
- Standard Burner Train with Proof of Air Safety System
- Propane Gas Feed Package
- Mini Marver (16" x 8"; 41cm x 20cm)
- Side Ports: 1
- Dimensions (disassembled): 31” D x 34” W x 56” H (79cm D x 87cm W x 143cm D)
- Dimensions (assembled furnace with accessories - not including bench, annealer, marver, etc.): 90" D x 48" W x 78" H (229cm D x 122cm W x 198cm H)
- Top half separates from the base, so that the unit may be transported in a pick up truck or minivan
- Curb Weight (approx.): 550 pounds (249 kg)
- Capacity: 30 pounds (13 kg)
- Electrical: Blower is 120V AC, 1A (240V available)
- Fuel Type: Propane or Natural Gas, 14” W.C./35mb maximum
- Fuel Consumption: Propane: +/- 1 gallon or +/- 3 kg per hour; Natural gas: +/- 12 cubic ft or 3.86 cubic meters per hour
- Recommended maximum operating temperature: 2350 F (~1288 C)
- Maximum Working Dimensions: 8” x 8” x 16” (21 x 21 x 41 cm)
- Standard Finish: powder coated steel frame and hand applied dragon scale textured stainless steel.
- For additional customization options, please see:
Like the Baby Dragon but want more? Make it a Double!
Ready to place an order? Please see our How To Order page for all the details, and be sure to read our Limited Warranty.